Sunday, December 27, 2009

Moving On to HCMC

Today we are leaving for Ho Chi Min City - Saigon, for one night before we leave Vietnam for Cambodia. It will be sad leaving Vietnam as we have all had a wonderful time here, and also sad today leaving Hoi An as we have had 4 wonderful days here, in fact I am getting a new t-shirt printed - Breakfast, Massage, Temples, Shopping, Beach, Beer - basically the order of the days activities this week. We have been fortunate to stay in a beautiful boutique hotel, where everything has been sensational. We might all loose some weight after leaving here as breakfast is unbelievable - yesterday I had Creme Caramel after fruit, and eggs and toast - only because I could. Today I might have cake - again cos I can! My two travelling companions have been stuffing their face, me I am a bit more restrained - except for cake!
Yesterday I also did some more shopping, organised my new dress to be made, picked up my new shoes, bought bits and pieces, visited temples and the sights despite feeling a bit unwell - sore throat etc. but I still managed to be out and about. It was really hot too, after a little rain in the morning which equalled humidity and very curly hair.
The afternoon was spent at the beach, another ride down there which is so much fun, a coconut on the beach, a nice long swim, followed by a beer before the ride home. The night was capped off with dinner and again an early night - I have been so tired, but I guess that comes with an action packed day in beautiful Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment