Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hanoi bound

Gee airports are fun!!! More than a few hours to fill in today at KL International airport - where the big jet engines roar - oopps that was from Susan Reye's 70s song LA International Airport - brilliant song!! Anyway am bored, have shopped - bought some very nice sunnies, not eating though - so maybe a few sun salutes soon! Checked out the airport jungle - there was a cockroach the size of my fist - lovely. Knee is feeling good - playing cricket yesterday seems to have sorted it out - Go Tigers - we won (not that I had much impact though did take a nice catch if I do say so myself!!).
After entering the terminal at KL on my Christmas escaping adventure - we were confronted with "Jingle Bells" and over the hours heard many more lovely Christmas tunes. Marie, one of my travel companions dared me to untie the tinsel festooned around the balcony in the main arrivals terminal, but languishing in a Malaysian prison for being a grinch doesn't appeal.
Stay tuned for more over the next 15 days, some travel, Christmas, food and practice tales to tell I hope!

1 comment:

  1. KL Airport is pretty "out there" from memory. Makes good ol Tullamarine seem like a tin shack with a few mismatched stores chucked about.
    Cant wait to hear about your adventures in 'nam.

    Till then, happy travels!!!

    ReplyDelete