Thursday, March 26, 2009

Food, Moonday and more from Mysore

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday - had a relatively busy, action packed day.

Again practice was great - the last Mysore class with Sharath. And got to bind again in Supta Kurmasana - much so that I felt like my finger tips were going to break off - better eat less - which I haven't been doing - surprise, surprise. Actually had another cooking class yesterday - samosas, pakoras, bhajis, and Halwa - all very yummy but lots of deep frying, oil and or ghee - but everything in moderation. The great thing about cooking class is we get to eat it all afterwards.

The afternoon was again spent at the orphanage. Auntie in charge of the babies room/nursery has a bad cold/flu and proceeded to sneeze over the babies and me nearly the whole time I was there. I sent her off for a tea, which co-incided with the new baby (about 2 weeks old) waking up. She had been in hospital as I think she was left at the gate very new born. She even now still has her umbilical cord - anyway I thought she was better off not getting sneezed on if only for that time given she is somewhat fragile. Some may laugh that I am left in change of now 6 babies - and that little one, but I am getting good at this if I do say so myself. I know it is only for 2 - 3 hours at a time but they seem to like me - the babies that is. And I have got used to all their little personalities - they are really adorable, particularly the little boy (names omitted to protect their little identities). Anyway suffice to say all the babies have the sneezes - as do I - thanks Auntie.

Today is moonday so no practice, but led tomorrow at 4.30am. Had a cruisy day as lots of people are leaving, not that it makes any difference to me. Shala should be relatively quiet next week.

Not much else to go on about (actually lots but I wont bore the world anymore than I have) so - that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment